| Dough | Making
Pizza | Italian Recipes |
| More Tips |
Pizza News Archives |
Pizza Business |
| Tricks | Learning
| Tools |Best Pizza |
Pizza Poll | The Store |
Free Stuff ||
Legends of Pizza: Volume 1
Non-Pizza Recipe Index here
Visit the Legends of Pizza
Line up ten Italians and ask
them to tell you how they make their meatballs:
you'll get ten different answers...
Who can resist
Easy to make, and a joy to eat!
- 1 lb. of hamburger
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced. If available, use a garlic
Reserve one whole clove.
- Basil, parsley, oregano salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Add the hamburger to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs, egg, parmesan, milk, spices and garlic.
(Remember to reserve one whole clove.)
- Mix thoroughly by hand. Make meat balls.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Place one whole
clove of garlic in oil and cook until it starts to change color. Discard.
- Add meat balls and gently cook until done.
- Sample one (or more) meatballs with someone else in the kitchen or sample alone.
- Add meatballs to your sauce (or gravy!)
- For extra flavor, add the oil the meatballs cooked in, right into the sauce.
Hints and Tips
- Be careful when you add the meatballs to the frying pan. The hot oil may splatter.
- Don't make the olive oil to hot. If the oil starts to smoke, remove frying pan from the
burner and reduce the heat.
- You don't have to overcook the meatballs. Let them simmer in the tomato sauce for at
least 45 minutes or more.
- You can buy commercial bread crumbs if you like, but you don't have to. Use any type of
crusty bread you have. In a pinch, make toast and use that for the bread crumbs.
- If you want to splurge, use a better cut of beef for your meatballs. They will taste
- To lower the fat, substitute ground chicken or turkey for 1/2 of the
Subscribe to Pizza News and get
a free copy of my
World Famous Pizza Dough Recipe
You must confirm your
I absolutely hate SPAM and will never share,
rent, or abuse your information in anyway!
Search the Internet Here