I created a video video, where I show you how a simple easy, step by step recipe to make pizza dough.
I’m on a mission. I want everyone to make pizza! Now this is a very basic, simple recipe for the first-time pizza maker.
Here is the dough recipe.
There are only 4 ingredients needed:
Flour, Salt, Water and Yeast. That’s all you need to make homemade pizza.
The ingredient amounts are as follows. You will need.
4 cups of flour, 1 and ½ cups of water, a teaspoon of yeast and a teaspoon of salt.
Here are the steps:
- In a mixing bowl add 4 cups of flour.
- 2.Add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Then add the water and mix. Use a fork to mix the dough. After the dough, has been mixed thoroughly combined turn out the mixture onto a mixing surface.
- Dust your hands with a little flour and knead the mixture for 5-8 minutes until the mixture in silky smooth.
- Take the dough ball and put in a bowl drizzled with a little olive oil or zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight. If you use a zip lock, make sure you leave the end open. The dough ball will increase in size and give off gas as it grows.
Understand that the yeast is a living organism and as you add the ingredients you will be activating the yeast.
The most important tip is to let the dough activate overnight, as this will increase the taste of the dough.
This recipe will make 3-4 medium sized pizzas. You can easily keep the dough in the fridge like this for 3-4 days. If you are making dough for later, you can also freeze the dough.
When you take out the dough, let it warm up to room temperature before you make your pizza.
Here is the video:
For more pizza making tips, tricks, pizza tales and more just visit pizzatherapy.com and sign up for my newsletter Pizza News and get a copy of the Pizza Therapy Mini Pizza Book. Just go to pizzatherapy.com or go to: pizzatherapy.com/subscribe
Check out the latest in Pizza Fashion:
Click Here >>> Free Pizza Making Class with Peter Reinhart