I wanted to talk to you about what’s going in our country and really the entire globe. The entire planet is in trouble, and it seems that it will get worse before it gets better…
I don’t have to tell you the entire world is in crisis and peril.
Of course, I’m talking about the coronavirus. The number of people infected is staggering. We hear every day things are not getting better and everything is just getting worse.
Here in Hawaii, the entire state is on lockdown. All bars, restaurants and many businesses are shut down. School has been canceled for an indefinite period of time. Churches are closed. Hotels, visitor attractions, and beaches parks are all shut down.
Only essential businesses can remain open such as hospitals, grocery stores and gas stations. Tourists have been urging to stay home. And anyone coming into the state is under a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.
If you are like me, you are home alone or with your family. While this seem like being exiled in solitary confinement, I’d like to explain this could be a wonderful opportunity for you and your family.
This is a golden opportunity for you to:
- Read the book you always never had time for
- Write the book you always wanted to write
- Add to your bucket list or create your bucket list of places you always wanted to visit or things you want to accomplish
- You can learn a new skill by taking a video course on-line
- You can cook and learn new cooking skills
- You can, of course, make pizza and do this with your kids
- You can walk around the block
- You can binge-watch your favorite tv series
- You can reach out to friends and family you have not had the time to contact for one rason or another
- You can send a postcard or write a letter and this will really cheer up the person you are contacting.
- You can play table games with your kids such as monopoly or or scrabble
- You can rearrange a room or clean out your garage or basement
- You can complete a project around your house that you never got around to complete.
I kind of feel that we have been cast into the deepest darkest regions of space.
But we are interconnected.
Please don’t give up hope.
We are going through some struggles right now, but trust me things will get better.
Be well, Stay Well and for now, Stay Home